FAQ: Reset Content Advisor Password in
by Author Unknown
1) Click on Start and choose Run.
2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.
3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and Policies.
5) Now click on the Ratings folder.
6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.
7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.
8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.
9) Choose View and then Internet Options
10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.
backup the Registry before making any alterations as mistakes can lead
to a system that will not boot and may require a re-installation of
your o/s !
Copyright © 2001-2006 © Copyright Karl Davis.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any format.All documents author acknowledged are copyright retained by the author.
Dead links or Errors ? Please email the Webmaster